Planning a wedding on a budget? Yes it is possible to still have your dream wedding, with all the trimmings, AND keep within your budget! The trick is working out which areas you are happy to compromise on. Here are a few handy ideas:
– Keep the bar tab to simple beer, wine and soft drinks. Guests may purchase their own spirits, cocktails etc
– Serve dessert instead of wedding cake. Perhaps the chef could do a display of mini desserts on a cake stand?
– Rather than book a band or DJ, consider hiring a professional speaker system instead – you can then plug your IPod in for plenty of your favourite music, at a minimal cost
– Select small bouquets for the bridesmaids OR wrist corsages AND/OR parasols instead of bouquets – which look fabulous in photos!
– Do you have any family or friends who can assist with the bridesmaids hair & make-up? (Sometimes the bridesmaids pay for this element themselves) Or with any other elements? This is always a great way to include friends/relatives in the wedding too
– For your photo tour transport you could simply take a private car of your own or one of your friends’
Think about which areas are the most important to you, those which you don’t want to scrimp on – perhaps your dress, or the venue – and for the other areas, try to be as flexible as possible.
Remember, it will all come together on the day – so relax, and enjoy your planning!!